Last updated: October 22, 2018
All information shared on this website is for informational purposes only and your use of any information provided is at your discretion. All articles and posts are written by myself unless otherwise specified. Opinions expressed by any contributing authors are theirs alone and do not reflect an endorsement of those opinions by myself. Myself, this website, contributors, sponsors, and/or affiliates bear no responsibility for any negative actions readers may take nor for any resulting consequences.
Third party links may be included in posts and articles. While every attempt is made to link to accurate, reputable, responsible sources, https://www.everymomentmom.com bears no responsibility for the information found on any third party websites or the safety and security of those websites. You access any 3rd party links at your own risk.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED AND WHY
If you fill out a contact form on the Contact page, the name and email address that you provide are used only by me to communicate with you regarding your inquiries. No one else receives this information. It is never shared and is deleted after our communication is ended.
If you sign up for my mailing list via the opt-in form, your name and email are kept by my mailing list provider, Convert Kit, for the purpose of sending newsletters via email. You may unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of each email. Also, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask that all of your data be deleted.
If you elect to share any posts on social media, your share will be counted and will be visible as “1 share” but Every Moment Mom will NOT show that it was you who shared that post.
If you elect to comment on a post, your name and email address will be collected. The name you chose to use will be visible to other readers, but your email address will never be shared. It will also not be used to contact you unless you have also elected to sign up for the newsletter or have filled out the contact form.
If you elect to be sent any free items offered, your email address will be used to deliver that item electronically. It will then be deleted unless you have also opted to sign up for the newsletter.
Cookies are used by various plugins on Every Moment Mom in order to give me information about website visitors (analytics), to keep track of cookie consent/denial, to monitor shop information, and are also used by various social media sites when I embed content from them.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small file that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive via your web browser when you visit a website and/or interact with its various features. This enables the website or service provider to recognize your browser and remember specific information that can enhance your user experience. Cookies also allow for the compilation of data regarding website traffic and use. When you visit this website, you will be asked to accept or opt out of cookies via the banner at the bottom of the page and will be asked to do so anew each day. Also, you may opt completely out of using cookies via your web browser’s tools menu. Be aware that doing so may disable some functions on this website.
You can also clear your browser cache of all data at any time. Please follow your web browser’s instructions for doing so should you wish to do this.
WHO I SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
I do not share names or email addresses sent via contact forms with any other party. As stated above, it is used by myself only to contact you in response and is then deleted.
If you sign up for my newsletter, Convert Kit will store your name and email address. You may unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe link in any email and also may request that your information be deleted completely by emailing email@example.com
Google Analytics only retains info about visitors, pages viewed, etc. GA does not collect any info that could identify you personally (but they collect data from the web in various forms and aggregate it, so see further info below to manage that data).
Data collected by my shopping cart (once it is active in the future), Woocommerce, is only used by me to manage orders. Woocommerce does not collect any data from me (I have opted out of their data collection).
Data collected by social media companies become part of the data that Google collects; see the note below about managing your Google data.
WordPress itself does not share any data with anyone.
HOW LONG I RETAIN YOUR DATA
My newsletter service will retain your name and email until you ask me to have you “forgotten” which takes 30 days to happen. Email me directly (you can use my contact form) and ask me to “forget” you from the mailing list. When I remove you, I am able to completely remove your data. If you request to be “forgotten”, your data will be completely removed. Everything will be permanently deleted including reports, clicks, profile data, etc.” Once initiated, data is entirely gone within 30 days. By clicking an “unsubscribe” link in an email, you will only stop receiving emails, but Convert Kit will retain your data. If you would like your data completely removed, you must request to be “forgotten”.
Google Analytics keeps data on site traffic up to 14 months, the shortest retention period available (but remember, site stats do not have any info about who you are personally). While my site does not give Google any personal info about you, other websites you visit might have at some point…you can find out more & use tools to manage your Google data here: https://privacy.google.com/your-data.html.
Data is not yet actively collected by Woocommerce as I do not yet have a shop open. The Woocommerce cookies that are set are “waiting” for data, but since the shop is not live or available, there is no actual data collected by them.
OTHER 3rd PARTIES
HOW YOUR DATA IS PROTECTED
I use the plugin Wordfence to keep my site and data secure. I also use two-factor authentication for my domain and hosting.
Some plugins that I use do keep data. These plugins are all GDPR-compliant and have provided detailed privacy information:
- Yoast SEO: Collects website data only, no personal info: find out more here.
- Wordfence: Wordfence is a security plugin that helps guard against hacks and data breaches. They are fully GDPR compliant.
- Woocommerce: Owned by Automattic; privacy info here.
- Akismet: Owned by Automattic; privacy info here.
Other ways your data is protected:
- You will never be asked for a credit card number. All payment information is processed through WooCommerce.
- I use regular malware scanning via my web hosting service
- All sensitive information you supply is encrypted via SSL technology
WHAT DATA BREACH PROCEDURES I HAVE IN PLACE
If my mailing list is ever compromised, I will notify every subscriber and let them know what data was breached, to the best of my knowledge.
Occasionally https://www.everymomentmom.com may run a giveaway of a book or product.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to enter and reside in the 48 contiguous US States. Prizes will not be awarded nor delivered to those have addresses elsewhere.
- Any federal/state/local taxes, fees, surcharges, or other charges that may apply are the singular responsibility of the prize winner. By entering the giveaway, you are implying a willingness to pay these fees should they occur.
- No purchase is required to enter.
- The winner will be selected through random drawing after the official entry period has closed; all eligible participants will be entered into the drawing.
- The random drawing will be done via random.org; each participant will be assigned a number and the number selected by random.org will be the winner.
- All decisions are final.
- https://www.everymomentmom.com is not responsible for lost, late, or incomplete entries.
- Giveaways are not to be construed as nor confused with gambling or a lottery.
- Giveaways may contain affiliate links and be sponsored by a 3rd party. If this is the case, it will be clearly stated.
- While giveaways may be promoted on the social media platforms used by https://www.everymomentmom.com, those platforms are merely a means of advertising the giveaway and they bear no responsibility for it. If you enter, you are providing your information to the giveaway sponsor and not to any social media platforms.
- Within 24 hours of the drawing, the winner will be notified by the email address provided when they entered the giveaway. The winner will have 48 hours from the time the email is sent to acknowledge and accept the prize. If they fail to do so, they will forfeit the prize. The giveaway sponsor bears no responsibility for email addresses being submitted incorrectly, any technical difficulties, the winner failing to check their email, or any other reason for the winner not accepting the prize within the specified time frame.
- In the instance of the prize being forfeited as outlined above, a second drawing will occur with the previous winner’s name removed.
- The winner may be required to sign and return a release of liability and a publicity agreement if required by a 3rd party sponsor.
- Each entrant is eligible to enter once unless otherwise specified. Each entrant must enter themselves only and may not enter anyone else. Any suspected fraud will result in the entrant being disqualified and removed. Any bots or other automated services are ineligible to enter on any person’s behalf.
- The prize will ship within 3 weeks unless otherwise stated though every attempt will be made to ship it within 2 weeks. The winner will be notified via email when it has shipped and provided with a tracking number if eligible.
- https://www.everymomentmom.com bears no responsibility for any damage that may occur during shipping or afterward.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
While reasonably attempt made to maintain a safe website, https://www.everymomentmom.com and its owner bear no liability for any harm that may come from accessing this website or using it in any capacity including any viruses, malware, spyware or other harm. The user uses this website at their own risk and assumes liability for any malicious content their device may be exposed to.
Https://www.everymomentmom.com and its owner bear no responsibility for the safety of and 3rd party links. The user accesses those at their own risk and by doing so assumes liability for any harmful viruses or malware, spyware other malicious content their device may be exposed to.